The church was initiated in 1930, when Mrs. Thomas, a school teacher at the Chickaree School, started a Sunday School program. Mrs. Thomas who saw there was a need for a Sunday School in the community, worked in cooperation with other individuals. The Sunday School was started in the Chickaree School building.
School teacher John Bracken, was the first Sunday School Superintendent and served until December of 1934. After May of 1935, Herbert Rager began regular sermonizing services until Rev. Fargo, a pastor of the Vintondale Baptist Church, took his place and regular preaching services continued.
The first cottage prayer meeting was held at the home of Mr. and Mrs. Ben Ford on September 5, 1935. Services continued in the school house until the county superintendent of schools had the church ordered out by the school board. Mr. and Mrs. Howard Taylor gave their small house at Ford's Corner for worship until the church could construct it's own building. On February 25th, 1938, Ben Ford deeded a two-acre parcel for the purpose of a church building. On November 25, 1945, the present church was finished and dedicated. Sometime later, a red neon "Jesus Saves' sign was installed on the front of the building. The church is best known for it's neon sign that proclaims "Jesus Saves' and can be seen driving west on route 22.